Monday, September 9, 2013

The Big Four Continued.....

So we left off on Cinco de Mayo. Well this is another amateur night, another day Americans use as an excuse to get drunk and act stupid. Just like police officers see the worst of society daily so do cabbies when these holidays come around. Frankly my favorite (and so happens to be the next in this series) Halloween is coming up. Now I know I have been a little slack on updating this but I'm busy life has not been great these past few months. I digress. Cinco is great most of the time this past May 5th was a bit on the boring side though. There was nothing really crazy in this small town and business was relatively normal. We had 10 cars including 2 vans on the road and we barely broke $200 a piece. There really isn't much more to say. Since it's not a National Holiday and a lot of people had to go to work the next day (it fell on a Sunday this year) it was pretty quiet. I equate it to an extra Saturday night instead of a Sunday. Maybe next year will be better only time will tell.

Halloween is the last of this series and I will not spend a lot of time on it because I have more and better things to talk about. Halloween is my favorite holiday of all. Always has been always will be. I love Halloween because it symbolizes everything we don't get here in Florida; changing of the seasons, crisp air, falling leaves, hoodies, bonfires, hot chocolate and of course costumes. This past Halloween I dressed up before I went out in the cab. I had a lovely crisp white babydoll dress that I slashed up, dragged through mud, and smeared blood on. Also blood on arms, face, hair, and legs. While my boss didn't like it I was barefoot and muddy as well. My hair was tangled and teased and I looked absolutely perfect for what I was going for. It helped to freak people out that my blood looked real. I went to two different ER's in the area for "lab" runs which is normally blood or some kind of sample that goes from one ER to another for rush testing. The Palm Bay ER had the best reaction ever I actually heard someone say "Is it a Zombie" and "WTF" from a male nurse. The security guard was wide eyed and didn't really know what to do. I stood there silent and watched stuff play out until someone burst my bubble and said "It's Halloween people come on." I couldn't hold it in anymore I started laughing I had to catch my breath before I could go to lab and get the samples which was good because the lab attendants thought it was hilarious as well and I had to laugh again. The night was steady and I had a lot of fun with customers. Some people have my picture from that night but haven't found any yet. Who knows what I will do this year but it'll be hard to top last year. All I know is it will be fun and memorable.

PS Here is what I was going for with crazier hair-Read it it's awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment